School’s out for summer, so it’s time to hit the road!
Vacation planning can be hectic, especially if you’re traveling with young children. Whether you’re going on a camping trip or just visiting relatives, you may find it helpful to make yourself a pre-road trip packing checklist to ensure that the whole family travels as comfortably as possible.
We’ve gone ahead and listed our top travel and car interior accessories to make your trip easier. These must-have items below are hand picked for your enjoyment and will suit most any budget. We suggest you order today to be sure your new goodies arrive before you hit the pavement.
9 road trip essentials checklist
- Waterproof Trunk Organizer: Ideal for your SUV or van, this large trunk organizer with over 3 feet of space stores your gear to keep it accessible on the road. It’s sturdy enough to hold a variety of items from food and beverages to sporting equipment. Made of durable IPX2 rated waterproof material, this trunk organizer is easy to install and clean. You can use the removable cooler for your outdoor adventures because it features a thick, padded bottom with secure zip closure. Expandable side storage pockets are great for things you want to grab quickly, such as extra water bottles or sunscreen. Best of all, let’s say you eat the snacks and stuff you bring with you on the way to your destination. Simply collapse your organizer for no fuss storage that saves room for your souvenirs.
- Bamboo Lapdesk- Let’s say you need to get some work done or just find a steady spot to use your laptop. This eco-friendly laptop stand and cooling station fits right in your lap because it measures under 24 inches lengthwise. Of course, you’ll also be able to use your Tablet and Smartphone on this handy portable lap desk. You’ll be able to work from your front or back seat depending on the size of your vehicle as well as your motel room. Your kids might want to borrow it for Tablet gaming on the go.
- Lumbar Pillow Memory Foam Car Cushion – Got lower back pain? A lumbar pillow may provide relief while you drive. It fastens around your car seat and stays in place over long distances. Ventilated soft mesh cover prevents moisture from accumulating on your back in the summer heat. Plus your new pillow promotes better posture. Once you get wherever you’re going, release the straps from around your car seat to take the cushion with you to the hotel or campsite.
- Water-resistant Pet Seat Cover – Traveling with your dog(s) doesn’t have to mean confining your fur baby to a cage for the duration of the ride. Protect your backseat from dog hair, scratches, and accidents with this durable polyester cover. Fits most cars, SUVs, trucks, and vans as well as small, medium, and large sized dogs. Your pet seat cover is machine washable, too, in case you need to clean it between car trips.
- Travel Neck Pillow Memory Foam – In case you want to rest on your road trip, this u-shaped comfy memory foam pillow offers neck support even when you’re sitting upright. Rest your head on this pillow that sits above your shoulders to reduce stress on your neck. The high density foam molds to the shape of your neck and includes a washable pillow cover. Fits men or women; likely too small for children.
- Emergency Kit Solar Powered Flashlight – This road trip accessory is really a no brainer. You never know when you might need a flashlight and you don’t want to rely on your Smartphone that might die on you. Grab this compact, solar powered flashlight with convenient suction cups that will stick to your windshield, windows, or sunroof. Stash it in your glove box, purse, backpack, or leave it with other emergency supplies in your trunk. Available in black, blue, and green.
- Dashboard Smartphone Car Mount- If you’ll be navigating through your phone’s GPS, then this Smartphone car mount is for you. Hands-free design puts your iPhone or Android device in eyeshot as you drive. Adjustable side grips for a secure fit hold up to 5.5 inch screens. Suction cup mount fits to your dashboard or windshield where you’re able to activate your touch screen. Now you and your passengers can relax without having to worry about watching the GPS.
- Universal Tablet Car Headrest Mount – Speaking of passengers, your little ones in the backseat may get bored while you’re cruising. Surely you’ll pack your trusty Tablet for movies, games, and music for your kids’ entertainment. At the same time, you don’t want your pricey device to get ruined by inevitable mishaps i.e. spills, dropping, etc. Opt for this secure Tablet car headrest mount to keep your device in place and safe from accidental damage. Adjusts to fit Tablets from 7 – 10 inches, including most iPads, iPad minis, and Samsung Galaxy models.
- 4 Port USB Car Charger – Naturally you will need to power up your Smartphones and Tablets on the road. No problem because this USB car charger boasts of four high powered ports for your hungry digital devices. Each USB port supplies 2.4 amps and you’re able to utilize all four ports at once. That means no arguing over who gets to charge what. Sounds like road trip bliss.
Now you’re well equipped to handle just about everything on your journey. Wishing you safe travels!