Graduation season celebrates accomplishments and presents the promise of the future. Chances are you likely have graduation parties to attend throughout May and June for your own kids, relatives, friends, and other beloved students.
Naturally you’ll want to show the new grad in your life that you value his or her achievements with a gift. Graduation presents can be a bit tricky, though. Should you find something fun or stick with the educational theme? How about money or the ever popular gift card?
While all of these suggestions sound nice, you may want to put yourself in the recipient’s shoes for a moment. New grads often face a series of firsts i.e. challenges and adventures as they prepare for life outside the dorm or Mom & Dad’s house, such as moving into an apartment, getting an office job, or continuing higher education. Why not take your graduation gift as an opportunity to help him or her start out on the right foot with a unique present that will actually get used? We rounded up 6 great suggestions to make your early summer giving easier. Keep reading to find the perfect memorable gift for the grad in your life.
6 Gifts to Give Grads a Head Start
- Natural Bamboo Monitor Stand Riser Desktop Organizer: Ideal for those who own a desktop computer (PC or Mac) or will be using one at the office. This elegant monitor stand elevates the screen to help avoid neck strain. It’s built tough with enough space for widescreen gaming monitors or large iMac machines. The design includes space to keep desks clutter free with slots to hold Smartphones, pens, USB drives, keys, etc. Eco-conscious grads will also appreciate that you bought them a super renewable Bamboo product that happens to be FSC® (Forest Stewardship Council®) certified as sustainably harvested. You might want to mention that the gift was also made in a socially responsible facility according to the BSCI (Business Social Compliance Initiative).
- 2 in 1 Tablet Hand Strap and Mount for Tablets up to 13 inches: A good choice for tablet lovers. From iPads to Android devices, Surface Pros, and Kindles, this hand strap may save your loved one from dropping his or her precious cargo. The type of device he or she owns doesn’t matter much as long its screen measures 13 inches or less because of the adjustable strap. The name 2 in 1 isn’t just catchy; you’re giving a combination tablet holder and stand! The mount props the tablet up for easy viewing on a desk, nightstand, or kitchen counter. Much like the Bamboo monitor stand, your tablet hand strap and mount present will be flexible and functional at home or the office.
- Natural Bamboo Lap Desk or Laptop Vented Cooling Pad Tablet Stand: If your grad seems glued to his or her laptop, then a portable vented laptop desk should do the trick. Beautiful Bamboo finish adds an air of sophistication that will surely turn heads at the local coffeehouse. The honeycomb design keeps the PC or Macbook cool as the user stays comfortable. Besides, your grad may be lacking some pieces of furniture, such as a desk at home or a kitchen table. This lap desk solves the problem of not having a suitable workstation by turning the sofa or any chair into a secure surface. Bonus – you’re giving an eco-friendly gift that’s pretty low maintenance. Just tell your grad to clean the stand with a damp cloth or warm, soapy water. You might consider an aluminum laptop stand as a similar, economical option for lightweight laptops and tablets. Choose from pink, gold, grey, and silver colors.
- Natural Bamboo Charging Station Rack with Charger Power Strip Storage for Smartphones and Tablets: Most of today’s grads own multiple digital devices they can’t live without. Give them a convenient place to charge up everything at once without messy cables. Made with FSC® certified Bamboo, this charging station powers up to 5 Smartphones and tablets simultaneously and contains removable dividers to accommodate larger devices. The case puts unsightly cables and power strips out of sight for a neat and tidy appearance that won’t raise eyebrows in the workplace. Low profile design with a Bamboo finish gives grads a professional edge that looks smart, too. Be sure to show your grad this step by step setup guide to start charging right away.
- Bamboo Office Caddy and Desk Organizer: A simple, budget-friendly gift that will get daily useage. Another item that’s appropriate for a classy office environment, this Bamboo desk organizer holds all the essentials from Smartphones to ear bud headphones, USB drives, pens, scissors, post-it notes, and knickknacks. Speaking of Smartphones, the caddy features a support rack that holds the phone upright so it’s always in view instead of tucked away. For a more compact alternative, try our Bamboo office caddy with tape dispenser.
- Dual 2-Port USB Rapid Car Charger for iPhone, Smartphones, iPad and Tablets: It doesn’t get more practical than a handy car charger for powering up on the go. This gift means your grad won’t get stuck with a dead phone on the way to a job interview or important meeting. The sleek design boasts of 2 USB ports for charging high powered devices at once, each with an impressive 2.4 amps. And you’re covered whether your grad owns an iPhone, Android Smartphone, iPad, or Android tablet because this charger is compatible with nearly every device.
By now you’re well equipped to find the right graduation gift that will be put to good use. Happy shopping and congrats to your grad!